Learn how to log in your Roadrunner/TWC email account (now Spectrum Webmail). Get RR.com email login help, sign up for a new account, and read about the correct email IMAP settings.
Answers to frequently asked questions, including solutions to most login problems.
Table of contents
- Roadrunner Email.
- What is Roadrunner Email/TWC Email?
- Roadrunner Email Sign Up/TWC Email Sign Up.
- Roadrunner Email Login/TWC Email Login.
- Roadrunner Email Scams/TWC Email Scams.
- Roadrunner Password Reset.
- Roadrunner Login Problems.
- Roadrunner Email/Spectrum Webmail Settings For Apple iOS Devices.
- Roadrunner Email/Spectrum Webmail Settings For Android Devices.
- Roadrunner Email/Spectrum Webmail Settings for Microsoft Outlook.
- Roadrunner Webmail/TWC Email Contact Information.
What is Roadrunner Email/TWC Email?
The Roadrunner brand was a major force in the internet’s infancy, operating under the ownership of Time Warner Cable and offering various services, including Roadrunner Webmail. However, a re-branding in 2012 saw the end of the Roadrunner name, which was replaced by Time Warner Cable (TWC) branding and TWC Email.
Further change followed when Charter Communications purchased TWC in 2016. This ultimately led to them bringing a range of different services – and both the Charter and TWC infrastructures – together under the new Spectrum Internet brand. As a result, Roadrunner Webmail and TWC Email now operate under Spectrum’s name.
Despite this merger, however, old Roadrunner email addresses remain active and in-use.
Roadrunner Email Sign Up/TWC Email Sign Up.
How do I sign up for a Roadrunner Email account?
The old webmail.runner.com and RR.com login URLs no longer work. To create a new email account, you should instead go to www.spectrum.net and sign in using your username and password for that service. If you do not currently have a Spectrum account, you can also create one from that page by clicking ‘Create a Username’.
Once you have signed in to your Spectrum account, go to the menu icon in the top left of the screen and then click on ‘Manage Account’. Select ‘Internet’, followed by ‘Create Email Address’ and you should then see a prompt explaining what your new email address will be. This should resemble: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the ‘Create Mailbox’ button underneath and you will be asked to enter your password. This is the same password you use to sign in to the Spectrum service itself. To complete the sign up, click on the ‘Finish’ button and then click on the ‘Go to Mailbox’ button on the confirmation page that follows.
Roadrunner Email Login/TWC Email Login.
How do I log in to my Roadrunner Email or TWC Email Account?
It is important to first note that the old www.RR.com, mail.TWC.com, https://myservices.brighthouse.com/login and webmail.roadrunner.com URLs no longer work. They will either re-direct to the Spectrum login page, or the non-HTTPS versions display a timed out connection page instead, so you should update your old bookmarks.
The new sign in page to use is: https://www.spectrum.net/login/.
Using this page, all you need to do is enter your username and password for your master account with Spectrum, and then click on the ‘Sign In’ button. Once you have access to your account, you can check your email inbox by clicking on the envelope icon, which can be found near the top of the page.
There is also a dedicated Webmail login page, which functions in a similar way to the old RR.com login page and this can be ideal for those looking for a simple Roadrunner email login form.
The Spectrum Webmail page can be found at:
Using this form, rather than entering your Spectrum account details, all you need to do is enter your email address and the password associated with it, then click on the ‘Sign In’ button. If you use this particular Roadrunner email login method, you should be taken straight to your webmail inbox upon each successful sign in.
Roadrunner Email Scams/TWC Email Scams.
Beware, a number of websites and support phone numbers exist, that claim to be the official Roadrunner Email Support or TWC Email Support hotlines.
Avoid these, as they are know scam phone numbers that asks for money for email account recovery. These websites are not official support sites, and they cannot recover or access your account:
- Scam Website: www.roadrunneremail-login.com – Phone Number: 1-855-888-8325.
- Scam Website: www.emailsaccountrecovery.com – Phone Number: 1-888-254-9645.
- Scam Website: www.roadrunnersupport247.com – Phone Number: 1-888-254-9645.
- Scam Website: www.twcemaillogin.com – Phone Number: 1(866)748-5444.
- Scam Website: www.tech-help-support.com – Phone Number: 1-865-234-3001.
- Scam Website: www.roadrunneremail-login.com – Phone Number: 1-855-888-8325.
Roadrunner Password Reset.
I Have Forgotten My Roadrunner/TWC Email Password – How Do I Reset It?
In the event that you have forgotten your Roadrunner or TWC Email password, you can reset it through the Spectrum platform. From the main https://www.spectrum.net/login/ sign in page, you can access the password reset function by clicking on ‘Forgot Username or Password?’ or you can simply go to: https://www.spectrum.net/forgot/
You will need to provide some account information, so that Spectrum can verify that you are the rightful owner of the account. Examples of the type of information you may be asked for include your username and your ZIP Code. Once you supply this, simply follow the instructions provided to reset your password and regain account access.
Roadrunner Login Problems.
I cannot log in to my Roadrunner Email account or TWC Email account – What Could the Problem Be?
On rare occasions, users may run into difficulties when attempting to log in. The good news is that the majority of these issues have an easy solution, so the main obstacle is finding the exact cause. If you are unsure of where to start, it is best to run through some basic troubleshooting steps.
- A logical starting point is to check that your internet and wi-fi connections are working. To test this, try to access another website. If it does not load, the problem stems from your own connection, rather than Spectrum’s service.
- It is important to understand that the old URLs, such as RR.com and mail.TWC.com no longer work properly. Some of these URLs may re-direct, but even this is unreliable. For this reason, you should always use the current Spectrum login page, which can be found at: https://www.spectrum.net/login/.
- It is worth checking that you have entered your username and password combination properly. The password is case sensitive, so check that you have not accidentally included upper case or lower case letters in the wrong place and make sure CAPS LOCK is turned off. You should also make sure you have not accidentally included a SPACE by mistake. This is especially common if you copy and paste your password from a saved document.
- Occasionally, the Spectrum server itself may experience problems. You can test whether or not the Spectrum Email server is working by visiting: http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/spectrum.net.html
- If you have access to another internet-enabled device, such as a mobile phone, tablet or laptop, try logging in with that instead to see if it resolves the issue. If it does, the problem is likely to be with your device.
- Failing that, you might also want to try a different web browser, with Chrome and Firefox being two options. It might also be worth opening an ‘incognito’ or private browsing tab and attempting to log in using that. If this solves the problem, you may need to clear your browser’s cookies and cache and then restart it.
- Users who continue to experience problems may also want to try disabling all browser add-ons, as well as their anti-virus and ad-blocking software – at least temporarily. Ad-blocking software, in particular, has been known to interfere with certain login processes and can sometimes block important CAPTCHA codes.
Roadrunner Email/Spectrum Webmail Settings For Apple iOS Devices.
In order to set up Roadrunner or Spectrum Email on your iPhone or other iOS device, go to ‘Settings’ and then select ‘Passwords & Accounts’. From there, click ‘Add Account’, followed by ‘Other’ and then choose ‘Add Mail Account’.
You will need to enter some personal details, such as your name and the email address. Once you have done so, click ‘Next’. You will then need to adjust the email settings.
Your username is your full Spectrum or Roadrunner email address, complete with the suffix after the ‘@’ symbol and the password requested is the one you use for Spectrum Email. The remaining settings should be as follows:
SSL – ‘On’
Protocol – IMAP
Incoming Email Server – mobile.charter.net
Port – 993
Outgoing Email Server – mobile.charter.net
Port – 587
Requires Authentication – Yes, or checked.
Once you have adjusted the settings properly, simply click ‘Save’ to complete the process.
Roadrunner Email/Spectrum Webmail Settings For Android Devices.
If you have an Android device, the settings you need to adjust are similar to those for iOS. To get there, open up the ‘App’ menu and then choose ‘Email’. Go to ‘Add Account’ and then choose ‘IMAP’. You will then need to enter your complete Spectrum or Roadrunner email address. Then, you will be prompted to adjust the email settings.
As with iOS, your username is your full email address – with the suffix – and your password is the password you use for Spectrum Email. The remainder of the settings are exactly the same as those listed above for iOS.
Roadrunner Email/Spectrum Webmail Settings for Microsoft Outlook.
The precise setup process for Microsoft Outlook is slightly more complicated, because it depends on the version of Outlook you have and whether or not automatic setup is available to you. Assuming you are using a version from 2013-2019, automatic setup should be possible and this can be done in the following way:
- Within Microsoft Outlook, go to ‘File’, then ‘Info’ and select ‘Account Settings’, then ‘Account Settings’ again. Once there, click on the ‘Email’ tab and then select ‘New’. Go to the ‘Auto Account Setup’ option, which can be found under the ‘Email Account’ section, and enter the information requested.
- This will include your full name, your full Roadrunner or Spectrum email address and the password you use for Spectrum Email. You will need to enter the password twice and both entries will need to be an exact match.
- From there, click ‘Next’ and Microsoft Outlook should attempt to set up the account. If it is successful, a confirmation message will appear. If the attempt fails, Outlook will try a second time. If this also fails, you will need to use the manual setup process instead. This is outlined in more depth below.
- If your automatic setup attempt failed, or if your particular version of Microsoft Outlook does not support the automatic setup feature, you will need to use the manual setup process instead.
- To do this, go to ‘File’, ‘Info’, ‘Account Settings’ and then ‘Account Settings’ again. Choose the ‘Email’ tab and click on ‘New’. This time, select ‘Manual Setup’ and then click ‘Next’. You will need to choose ‘IMAP’ and then click ‘Next’ again. You should then be presented with a form for ‘User Information’.
- Enter your full name in the ‘Your Name’ box, followed by your full Spectrum email address in the next box. Then, move to the ‘Service Information’ section, select ‘IMAP’, and enter the following details:
Incoming Mail Server – mobile.charter.net
Outgoing Mail Server: mobile.charter.net
Username – Your full email address, complete with the suffix after the ‘@’ symbol.
Password – The password you use for Spectrum email.
Click on the option to use Secure Password Authentication, then click on ‘Test Account Settings’. Microsoft Outlook should then run a test and present its findings. Assuming all goes well, a confirmation message will appear. Simply click on ‘Next’ and then ‘Finish’ to complete the manual set up process.
Some of the options may have slightly different names on older versions of Microsoft Outlook. Nevertheless, the basic process for setting up your account, as well as the individual settings, should be the same.
Roadrunner Webmail/TWC Email Contact Information.
At times, it may be necessary to get in touch with the Roadrunner/TWC/Spectrum support team. Please note that there are a number of websites providing fake phone numbers, falsely claiming that they are official support numbers.
The official Roadrunner Webmail and Spectrum helpline is: 1-833-267-6094. The support team operating that line will be able to assist with most problems. If you would prefer to speak to the sales team, the number is: 1-877-906-9121.
Alternatively, if you would rather avoid the phone, live chat is also available. To access this, visit the main ‘Contact Us’ page at: https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/ and scroll down to ‘Ask Spectrum’. From there, click on the button labelled ‘Launch Ask Spectrum’ and you will have options to speak to a human agent or the virtual assistant.
Your question or problem may also be covered by the Spectrum Support pages on the website. This section of the site can be found at: https://www.spectrum.net/support/category/internet/.
If your issue is specifically linked to attempts to sign in to your account, it may be best to read the help page at:
Finally, you are also able to access support from within the My Spectrum App. To find out more, head over to: